Thursday, October 27, 2011

Forgiveness...

This word is one I don't like sometimes.  It seems hard and my stubborn self doesn't want to take action on what the word means.  BUT I have to realize that I have life because of forgiveness.  Jesus died so that I could be forgiven.  I rarely think about this and how that forgiveness has impacted my life.  I focus so much on my own struggles and why I don't feel like I am where I should be spiritually, so I forget the gloriousness of God's forgiveness.  I often struggle most forgiving my husband and those that have hurt me.  Some things are so silly and yet I allow them to ruin an entire day!  I want to start a new path though.  One where every day I wake up and realize how awesome God's forgiveness is!

God tells why we should forgive so simply and impactfully (is that a word??)

Matthew 6:14-15: "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

I want to forgive so that I honor what Christ has done for me....once again, definitely still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment